[RTTY] 17 meter RFI

Dick Kriss aa5vu at att.net
Thu Apr 5 13:31:41 PDT 2012

On Apr 5, 2012, at 2:00 PM, rtty-request at contesting.com wrote:

>> It's almost like the RFI is getting right into the PC and stopping the message from going out. I don't have this problem on my
>> laptop. Just haven't figured it out yet. Doesn't seem to be a grounding problem though.
>>
>> Don AA5AU

I had an RFI issue and it was getting into the Apple corded mouse attached to the keyboard.  The temp fix was the addition of a clamp-on choke near where the cord plugged into the keyboard. The choke worked but the real fix was going to a bluetooth wireless mouse. No RFI issues since going wireless.

Dick AA5VU