[RTTY] 9M0L 18103 up

Nelson Moyer ku0a at mchsi.com
Thu Apr 19 05:51:42 PDT 2012

I don't understand why 9M0L never works NA on 20 meters at the predicted
opening between 1300-1700 UTC. They seem to prefer to run EU on 15, 12 or 10
meter during our 20 meter openings. Actually, our peak predicted opening is
from 1300-1400 UTC, so we only have one hour of high probability propagation
on 20 meters. They have completely disregarded the gray line on 30 meters
and down. Either this operation is completely ignorant about propagation, or
they have little regard for NA, particularly on RTTY. They advertised four
stations, but rarely have I seen them on more than two bands at the same
time. The operation seems to be by JA for JA with a lot of EU because they
share more common daylight than we do. I need RTTY and 30 meters and down,
and it looks like I'll will still need all that after this operation is
over. Needless to say, I'm disappointed. 9M0L is certainly not going to be a
candidate for DX'pedition of the year!

Nelson, KU0A