[RTTY] 9M0L 18103 up

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 06:35:09 PDT 2012

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On 4/19/2012 5:51 AM, Nelson Moyer wrote:
> I don't understand why 9M0L never works NA on 20 meters at the predicted
> opening between 1300-1700 UTC. They seem to prefer to run EU on 15, 12 or 10
> meter during our 20 meter openings.

REPLY:

I do not speak for 9M0L of course, but often when a DXPedition ignores
what should be an easy opening, it's because the pileups are too unruly.
I have seen this more and more in recent years - the DXPedition will
focus on WARC bands or the higher frequencies at strange hours with
little propagation. It's just a way of reducing the chaos to manageable
proportions.

73, Bill W6WRT