[RTTY] Neat software

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Sat Dec 1 02:09:26 EST 2012

On Nov 30, 2012, at 10:22 PM, Bill Turner wrote:

> I have tested it with Windows XP, 7 and 8.The website doesn't mention other OS's.

In Mac OS X, using the print command to create a PDF file has always a native operation.  There is no need for third party software.

For those Mac OS users who are not familiar with this function, when you print (Command-P) anything (a web page, a program listing, a patent, schematics, etc), you are presented with a Print Dialog.  At the bottom of the left hand corner of the dialog window is a button named PDF.  This button has a contextual menu.  Hold down on the button instead of clicking on it, and you will be presented with some options.  Choose the "Save to PDF" option.  It will ask for a file name and that's all it takes (you can preview and also select which page(s) you want save to the file with options in the Print Dialog).

You can use Preview.app to merge pages from other PDF documents, and remove or reorder certain pages from the existing PDF document.

73
Chen, W7AY