[RTTY] WPX funnies

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 03:00:31 PST 2012

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On 2/13/2012 8:41 PM, Ron Kolarik wrote:
> Okay the usual lack of spaces, linefeeds, and your choice
> of hypen or space but this was a new one:
> YOUR CALL 599 001 001 KXXX
> On the repeat "YOUR CALL" was replaced with my call???
> I couldn't tell if the other side needed my call but sent
> his exchange anyway or if this was some sort of macro malfunction.
> Then it happened 2 or 3 more times so my vote is for the macro.
> Anyone know which software could have caused this?

REPLY:

I don't know the answer to Ron's question but I have another WPX funny,
possibly related to the above.

About four times I received "W6WRT 599 000 000". In each case, the
station immediately recognized the invalid serial number and quickly
sent a valid one. Just curious how this happened in the first place.
Some new software?

73, Bill W6WRT