[RTTY] WPX funnies

Tom Homewood w1to at roadrunner.com
Tue Feb 14 06:33:52 PST 2012

On 2/14/2012 6:00 AM, Bill Turner wrote:
> REPLY: I don't know the answer to Ron's question but I have another
> WPX funny, possibly related to the above. About four times I received
> "W6WRT 599 000 000". In each case, the station immediately recognized
> the invalid serial number and quickly sent a valid one. Just curious
> how this happened in the first place. Some new software? 73, Bill W6WRT

Reply to Bill,

I have done this with N1MM, I believe it happens if you log the contact
before the other station acknowledges the report and he asks for a
repeat. This is when using ESM and maybe a Macro in the DI window. I am
not sure of the exact sequence, but it is pilot error, not the software.

73, Tom, W1TO