[RTTY] WPX funnies

Dave Hachadorian k6ll at arrl.net
Wed Feb 15 09:09:17 PST 2012

How about these:

The guy who calls so far off frequency that you think it is QRM.

The guy whose FSK is not working and sends a solid carrier.

This guy, K9BAD (e.g.)
me: CQ WPX KZ7X
him: KZ7X DE K9BAD 599 034
me: K9BAD 599 2145
him: TU CQ WPX K9BAD
me: THIS IS MY FREQUENCY CQ WPX KZ7X

What's with the guys in Cuba?  It's great to see all the
activity, but 80% of them don't have a clue.  They need a mentor
down there.

The guys who do an automatic QRZ lookup and insert a name into
the exchange, such as:
KZ7X TU SOUTHWEST 599 047

The guys who inject so many dots, linefeeds, and extraneous BS
that it looks like they are intentionally trying to slow down the
entire contest.

The guys who send my call three times, and their call once,
sometimes with no trailing space:
KZ7X KZ7X KZ7X DE K9BAD#(4R&

The guy who gives you number 005, and then comes back in an hour
and dupes you with number 012.

The guys who work the entire contest sending on the keyboard
(slowly)

The loud guy who can't copy anybody, and keeps sending CQ's

The guys who decide, "We don't need no stinkin' 599, I'll send
only the serial number."

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think of for now.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.