[RTTY] Dropped last character in transmission during RTTY Roundup

David Levine david at levinecentral.com
Wed Jan 11 07:50:19 PST 2012

Didn't notice this mentioned this week, but in my few hours operating the
RTTY Roundup on Sat & Sun I noticed what seemed to be a few operators that
were plenty loud, but the last character of each line of their macro they
were sending was dropped. When I noticed it, I listened (watched) a couple
of exchanges and it was every single line that the operator would send. I
then noticed it a few more times with different operators over the course
of the weekend. It wasn't that their amp cut out so the last character was
sent "barefoot" but it just wasn't sending.

With it being noticeable to me in the short time I operated, I was
wondering if anyone else noticed? And was there some systemic problem in a
recently updated version of some popular logging program that was causing
it? I never noticed it before this weekend.

73,
K2DSL - David