[RTTY] Dropped last character in transmission during RTTYRoundup

dkarg dkarg at ekarg.com
Wed Jan 11 15:10:26 PST 2012

I'm usually just lurking here, thought I'd pop in.

I had 12 dupes also. Quite low. I of course always work them and move on
except for one station that tried to dupe me 3 times in 30 minutes. I told
him it was a 3rd dupe so he would catch on that he should pay more
attention. Of course serious dupes can show up if you get spotted wrong, but
that's not much of a problem in this contest.

On funny messages, I had a strange thing happen when printing K6NDV, as I
recall he was calling CQ but MMTTY would not print it correct. Here's what
it looked like, the stuff at the end is noise. Notice he had a nice space at
the end.
The decoder on the PROIII copied it just fine.

AGFY K,$ YB
AGFY K,$ TYWWV
AGFY K,$ L
AGFY K,$ MG