[RTTY] Youtube Video

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Thu Jan 12 11:35:17 PST 2012

I agree.  That's why you'll note that they don't get worked until the first
station is worked.  They just delay things for themselves and everybody if
they cover up an exchange.  And, if an exchange does get covered up, I never
give up until I get it.  I will abandon a run frequency if the pile-up won't
let me get the exchange.  OTOH, I very much do want to encourage good
tail-ending because it increases my rate.  The way to do that is to get
proficient at and use "TU, NOW" as much as possible.  And in RTTY with so
many long drawn-out exchanges, there is plenty of opportunity for new
stations to drop their call in for me.  Finally, since I am almost always
working simplex, the pileup may not hear me come back, so I have to be a bit
tolerant.  I try to avoid working split and taking up more bandwidth, so
this is a consequence I incur.

In sum, there are lots of considerations besides being punitive to what you
may think is a QRMer.

Ed - W0YK