[RTTY] [CQ-Contest] AA5AU Contest Notes on 2012 RTTY Roundup

Mark n2qt n2qt at verizon.net
Mon Jan 16 09:55:13 PST 2012

The only things I'd add are:

Be aware of each contest's treatment of mults.  In RU mults only count once
so you only need to work then once rather than looking for more on other
bands.  So pure rate predominates and generally the mults come to you.

Some contests also have different points structure (like WPX) based on bands
or location, so a great rate of 1 pointers can get beat by a so so rate of
higher value contacts.

I think it is so great the Don does these after action reports (and
remembers
enough of what was happening in the contest to be able to write them).
It is always good to learn at the knees of a master.

Mark n2qt