[RTTY] (no subject)

Mike k4gmh at arrl.net
Mon Jan 16 14:59:51 PST 2012

Regarding the sending of the call at the end of the exchange:

   - If I am running I'll only send the call of the station I'm answering
   at the end of the exchange (the call is always sent at the beginning of the
   exchange) when: a. Several stations answered my CQ and are still calling
   when start sending my exchange, or; b. When I think I may have started
   sending the exchange when he may still be transmitting, or; c. At the end
   of the "K1XXX TU(CR/LF)Now K2XX 599 VA VA K2XX (CR/LF)" exchange.
   - I don't send the other station's call, or my call, at the end of my
   S&P exchange.

Regarding "a." above, I sometimes still don't send the call at the end of
the exchange if I know my signal is strong into his location or the other
stations stop sending their calls about the same time the station I am
answering did, or the other stations calling were not as loud as the
station I answer.

You have to get a feel for when to send the call at the end of the
exchange.  Suspect I send the other station's call at the end of the
exchange about 50% of the time.

   Mike, K4GMH