[RTTY] Software question

Rudy Bakalov r_bakalov at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 16:10:49 PDT 2012

On the other end of the spectrum- the world of hardware- there are other great advancements that may have interesting applications in the ham world. Specifically, I was wondering about the potential of low cost, high-performance DSP system on a chip modules that run Linux and could be used as the platform for developing RTTY modems, audio filters, etc. in an open source basis on top of simple hardware. Imagine running Kok's software, fldigi, or station automation apps (similar to the microHam portfolio of products) on a $35 Raspberry Pi box and being able to re-purpose it at will. Personally I find the advancements in single board low cost computers fascinating with endless opportunities for development. Some of these systems have greater number crunching and DSP capabilities than the garden variety PC.

Rudy N2WQ