[RTTY] Software question

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Jul 25 13:08:15 PDT 2012

> REALbasic is another common one that runs on Linux, Windows and Mac
> OS X. RUMlog and RUMped are for example written on REALbasic, and
> can probably be tweaked to run on Windows it Tom feels like doing
> so.

Except, of course, for Tom's use of cocoaModem as the digital engine
in RUMLog and RUMped <G>.  Unless you're holding out, Chen, that will
not survive any tweaking on Windows (or LINUX).

The same is true for many of the Windows programs that rely on MMTTY
or MMVARI.  REALbasic allegedly has a relatively low hurdle for porting
VB6 applications.  This would allow many of the Windows only programs
(including N1MM Logger, DXLab Suite, and Logger32), to become multi-
platform.  However, because MMTTY and MMVARI are not, to my knowledge,
capable of similar multi-platform deployment those applications would
be without a suitable digital "core."  fldigi - in spite of its multi-
platform capabilities - is not suitable as an MMTTY replacement due to
its lack of UART based FSK support, inability to do simultaneous decode
of dual audio streams (sound card left, soundcard right), and inability
to be instanced.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV