[RTTY] Software question

iain macdonnell - N6ML ar at dseven.org
Wed Jul 25 22:48:37 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 9:00 PM, Bill, W6WRT <dezrat1242 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

Not natively, no. MMTTY is also Windows-only.

> 2. I only know a little about virtual machines. If I wanted to experiment with
> this, could you suggest an appropriate virtual machine for DXLab?

IMO, it's a bit misrepresentative to say that "Virtual Machines allow
you to run Windows applications on Linux or Mac OS X". They really
don't. Those apps still must run on Windows. The Virtual Machine
allows you to run Windows on the the same physical hardware as another
OS, at the same time.... but it's still a separate Windows OS.

VirtualBox is free, and runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Solaris.
If you want to run a Windows VM, you need to have Windows installation
media, and a valid license for it, as for a physical PC.

73,

    ~iain / N6ML