[RTTY] Software question

Dave AA6YQ aa6yq at ambersoft.com
Wed Jul 25 22:52:47 PDT 2012

+++ more AA6YQ comment sbelow

-----Original Message-----
From: rtty-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:rtty-bounces at contesting.com] On
Behalf Of Bill, W6WRT
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:00 PM
To: RTTY Reflector
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Software question

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 20:28:37 -0700, Dave wrote:

>>> were I starting on DXLab now, it would be platform-independent as a
matter of course.

>>> Using an appropriate virtual machine, DXLab can run on Linux or OSX; I
suspect that's also true of N1MM.

REPLY:
That raises a couple of questions.

1. If you were starting DXLab now, making it platform-independent, could you
incorporate MMTTY into it? In other words, can MMTTY be made to run on other
platforms?

+++ That depends on your definition of "be made to run". Without changing
the source code? Probably not. Changing the source code and the user
interface? Certainly.

and

2. I only know a little about virtual machines. If I wanted to experiment
with this, could you suggest an appropriate virtual machine for DXLab?

+++ Yes: see

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/DXLabLinux>

and

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/DXLabMacintosh>