[RTTY] RTTY + FT920

WW3S ww3s at zoominternet.net
Wed May 9 03:11:02 PDT 2012

I use a FT-920 with an original Microkeyer when in VP9....it works, but it's
a bear to setup.....first off, transmit the whole alphabet, and see if you
can copy any of the letters...if you can copy half of them,but not the
other, good chance ther pullup resistor in the 920 went bad....I'm not sure
about the MKII, but with my microkeyer, I had to open the cable up and short
2 pins together, that cured it, W4TV could probably tell you if the same
thing with work with a MKII.....but try typing and transmitting the whole
alphabet string, and see what gets decoded in the other rig....I think in my
case, all the missing characters ended in a space, and that bad pullup
resistor was causing trouble...