[RTTY] RTTY + FT920

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed May 9 17:18:03 PDT 2012

Rag,

microKEYER II works perfectly with MMTTY.  There are thousands of MK,
MK II, DK, DK II and MK2R+ in use with MMTTY both stand alone and as
"plug-in" for other logging software every day.  No interface is going
to fix problems with your transceiver if the transceiver is not working
properly.

I suggest you make sure the transceiver is shifting properly and can
handle the necessary shift; WW3S has already documented issues of
improperly operation in his FT-920.  Make sure the AFSK/FSK switch is
not dirty, that none of the connectors between the DATA jack and the
CPU are dirty, that the pull-up on the CPU is working properly (47K
may be too weak), etc.

If you need it, MK and MKII provide a pull up on pin 10 of the DB37
which can be bridged to pin 29 (FSK Out) but the FT-920 does not
document the need for such an external pull-up.

Note: it is your responsibility to make sure your transceiver is
operating properly - not the responsibility of an interface builder
or the software developer.  Hardware and software can not be expected
to fix improperly operating equipment or add features that do not work
properly in the transceiver.

73,

    ... Joe Subich, W4TV
        microHAM America, LLC.
        http://www.microHAM-USA.com

        support at microham.com

This message, including any attachments, may contain proprietary,
confidential or privileged information for the sole use of the specific
individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  You are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this message is prohibited.
  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify
the sender by reply e-mail and delete it.