[RTTY] The Case for QYF (was We Need a New Strategy)

W8AEF w8aef at q.com
Sun May 13 07:37:26 PDT 2012

A band scope reveals the RTTY pileup on 7O6T covers 1 to 10 KHz up, solid.
Forget about finding a clear frequency because there isn't one.

When I am operating RTTY from a DX location I want callers to call 3 times,
wait 1-2 seconds and repeat.  (Don't wait 5-10 seconds)

It is very frustrating to get a station tuned in just in time to get their
last letter, then wait, and wait, and wait, for him/her to call again so I
can get the whole call.

The strongest signal will prevail.

Transmit on the wrong vfo?  Oops, we have all done that.  In the future we
will have a humongously big full period talk circuit via the internet where
the oops station can be reminded of the wrong vfo, not on the DX calling
frequency.

This would cut down on most of the jamming.  Snipping coax comes to mind for
the rest.

de Paul, W8AEF

ZF2JI/ZF2TA 8Q7AA FO8DX/FO0PLA XZ0A VU7RG/VU3PYM TX5A A52PP