[RTTY] AA6YQ FIR512 Parameters

Phil & Ann na4m at arrl.net
Mon Oct 1 10:19:19 EDT 2012

On 10/1/2012 11:21, KC4HW/Jim wrote:
> Thanks Dave, well my mistake!
>
> In that case did any one use the AA6YQ FIR512 profile or the Dual
> Peal Filter in MMTTY for the CQ WW RTTY?
>
> What did you think about it?
I did 15m single-band and used the AA6YQ FIR12 profile for the first
several hours.  Most of my operating was in "run" mode.  The longer I
operated the more I felt I wasn't getting as good a copy as I should.

I switched to the "hyper sensitive" profile which I've used in previous
years both for RTTY contests and non-contest RTTY operating with MMTTY.
After using it for a modest amount of time it seemed pretty obvious to
me that I was getting better copy.

Not a very scientific test but I've operated enough RTTY & contests to
recognize a difference.

  73 Phil NA4M

--
Phil & Ann Duff