[RTTY] Hal ST 6000

Jay WS7I ws7ik7tj at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 16:18:10 EDT 2012

ST-6000 is very easy to run on a serial port.  I assume that you have
the ST-6000 manual ?  Page 3-6a covers it.  3.2.7 explains it a bit further.

Page 5-7 might be a bit clearer.  Pin 4 of J3 is input data and pin 1 of
J5 is output data.

This will let you use any old rtty program and use the ST-6000. Or
Writelog under dumb terminal option.  The only reason we used the PK-232
was to use their software under WF1B as I recall.  Not necessary with
lots of programs.  You're right that baud rate will be the problem with
USB adapters as it uses 45 baud rtty signaling which works fine on most
serial ports.

73 Jay WS7I