[RTTY] [CQ-Contest] Need advice

Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Sun Sep 2 18:03:09 EDT 2012

Hmmmm. Sounds to me as if some of us are forgetting that we were all
newbies once.

I gently suggest that the best approach is to bend over backwards to set a
good example and mentor the guys making mistakes.

I was delighted yesterday to get an email from a fellow thanking me for
being his first-ever RTTY contact (in the RU RTTY contest). He'll be back.

If you're hard-nosed, we'll lose them forever. Please be patient, and they
will live to contest another day.

Even SO2R guys need patience, particularly if they are just learning SO2R.

Can't count all the times I've pressed the wrong F-Key. Hope I don't end up
on someone's blacklist every time I goof.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light