[RTTY] AFSK to FSK converter

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Sun Sep 16 19:35:43 EDT 2012

On Sep 16, 2012, at 2:58 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

> Why bother with an AFSK to FSK converter?

Perhaps the software he wants to use does not support FSK?  Perhaps he is looking for 45.45 baud and his UART can only do 45.0 baud?  Perhaps he wants to operate mobile using just his laptop's built in sound card?  Perhaps he is anticipating the eventual demise of UARTS?  Who knows?  I can think of myriads of perfectly good reasons.

We can safely assume that ex-W7TI is no novice, and he knows all about UARTS.  Bill's question was explicit -- he is looking for an AFSK to FSK converter.

(Heck, I am already looking for ThunderBolt sound cards :-).

73
Chen, W7AY