[RTTY] AFSK to FSK converter

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 22:26:21 EDT 2012

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 16:53:41 -0700, Rick wrote:

>Bill,
>
>I called K3YY, told him what I had and what I wanted, a plug and play
>converter.
>He quoted me something like $100.00 and maybe some change. Got it custom
>built, PLUGED it in and never looked back.
>
>I'm using it with my IC-746Pro so that's the cabling he built it with. Works
>flawlessly. Will also key my CW
>I believe he has a web page
>
>http://www.w3yy.com/fsk.htm
>
>He will sell you the PC board, the kit or he will build it in a super heavy
>wall enclosure with cables.
>Spend as little or as much as you want.
>
>Rick - WU6W

REPLY:
Thanks Rick, but that's not what I'm looking for. The K3YY unit is an
opto-isolated coupler for use when you already have an FSK keying signal and
want to couple it to your transceiver.

What I'm looking for is a board that will take the two audio tones of 2125 and
2295 Hz from the line out of the computer and translate them into an FSK keying
signal.

The K4DSP unit is what I need but apparently only the microprocessor chip is
available, nothing else. If anyone knows a source for this unit, either kit or
assembled, please let me know.

73, Bill W6WRT