[RTTY] RTTY - Slow computer problems

RLVZ at aol.com RLVZ at aol.com
Sun Sep 23 17:29:23 EDT 2012

Hi Guys,

I've only been operating RTTY for about 3 years now  and I've still have a
lot to learn.  I'd appreciate your tips for getting  my CPU to operate
reasonably fast with RTTY as I've tried several  different Windows XP and Windows
7 computers and they'll all operate  RTTY fast for awhile... and then
they'll slow down.

Such as, in today's BARTG 75: I'd be decoding and transmitting  at an
excellent rate and then after a few minutes, my CPU would lock up  while decoding
and not print for about 10 seconds after his transmission  ended.  Very
frustrating!  Again, this problem is not new but has  happened with 5 different
CPU's I've tried over the past 2  years.  (4 Windows XP machines and now my
new Windows 7)

By the way, I'm running N1MM and MMTTY.

I've tried different radios and different serial  cables... but the same
problem over and over: CPU decodes great for awhile and  then "locks up" and
prints the information about 10 seconds after it's  sent.

All ideas appreciated!

Thanks-

Dick- K9OM