[RTTY] How did that happen then?

Mark, G0MGX mark.g0mgx at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 10:39:55 EDT 2013

Hi Gents

Some of you may recall that I am a newby in the RTTY contesting world, I’ve
been dabbling in the EA test today and also trying out a new toy – I bought
myself a FTdx3000 as a second radio (main rig is a FTdx5000). I was
switching back and forth between radios in writelog and somehow managed to
get into a “No Rig!” state without realising it. Writelog then assumed the
last known frequency for QSOs whilst no frequency was available from the
radio and after a band change I then managed to work some duplicates (Very
sorry S53M and EE1D) before another station pointed out a dupe to me.

Would someone be kind enough to explain what the consequences of this to me
and the stations I have duped are? I can see that Writelog has marked the
QSOs as duplicate (now I have corrected the band of the QSO) but do I need
to do anything to these entries before I submit the log – or is everything
taken care of for me?

Thanks in advance – oh, the FTdx3000 – definitely need the optional £180 GBP
300Hz filter for serious RTTY use.

Mark.

G0MGX