[RTTY] 2Tone fabuloso!

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Mon Apr 8 04:13:42 EDT 2013

AA5AU wrote: "After 30+ years of RTTY, sometimes you need these little
sparks to keep
things fun."

Fun = what provides amusement or enjoyment

After spending more time reading all the problems encountered with these
"new fangled" software decoders, than I did operating, I can't really say
that this should be considered a "spark to keep things fun"? I operate with
v10.46G, Win98 and a KAMPlus. Why...because I have no interest in spending
more time establishing that everything "should be working correctly", than I
do operating. I'm a "plug and play" person, with computer experience
extremely limited, and most of the "stuff" that I read, regarding getting
this "new fangled" software working correctly, means absolutely nothing to
me? I realize that some may have "grown up" using computers, but not the
case for me. Therefore I subscribe to the "if it isn't broken, don't try to
fix it" theory. It seems that every time that a new version of logging
software comes out, there is more time spent discussing the problems that
are being encountered, with the "latest/greatest" version, than there is
spent in operating? I haven't been involved in RTTY contesting for 30+
years, but I still enjoy it to the extent that I want to. None of that
enjoyment is spent "making sure everything is working correctly"! If/when
that happens, my "fun" will be had, doing something else?

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW