[RTTY] 2Tone fabuloso!

Randy Lake randyn1kwf at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 06:26:38 EDT 2013

That makes perfect sense Shelby
I, myself, enjoy the technology that is developing in ham radio. I have fun
integrating that technology into my station.
I agree that 2Tone has added new excitement about soundcard decoding and
using it along side MMTTY has made my limited SO RTTY contesting more
enjoyable.
Good stuff!

73,
Randy N1KWF

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 4:13 AM, Shelby Summerville <k4ww at arrl.net> wrote:

> AA5AU wrote: "After 30+ years of RTTY, sometimes you need these little
> sparks to keep
> things fun."
>
> Fun = what provides amusement or enjoyment
>
> After spending more time reading all the problems encountered with these
> "new fangled" software decoders, than I did operating, I can't really say
> that this should be considered a "spark to keep things fun"? I operate with
> v10.46G, Win98 and a KAMPlus. Why...because I have no interest in spending
> more time establishing that everything "should be working correctly", than
> I do operating. I'm a "plug and play" person, with computer experience
> extremely limited, and most of the "stuff" that I read, regarding getting
> this "new fangled" software working correctly, means absolutely nothing to
> me? I realize that some may have "grown up" using computers, but not the
> case for me. Therefore I subscribe to the "if it isn't broken, don't try to
> fix it" theory. It seems that every time that a new version of logging
> software comes out, there is more time spent discussing the problems that
> are being encountered, with the "latest/greatest" version, than there is
> spent in operating? I haven't been involved in RTTY contesting for 30+
> years, but I still enjoy it to the extent that I want to. None of that
> enjoyment is spent "making sure everything is working correctly"! If/when
> that happens, my "fun" will be had, doing something else?
>
> C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW

Randy Lake N1KWF
73 Gunn Rd.
Keene,NH