[RTTY] AB2ZY - BARTG Sprint 75

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Sun Apr 28 21:04:48 EDT 2013

Two things:

1) Started the contest vowing to stay in the chair for the whole 4 hours.  20m was slow and after 30 minutes started looking elsewhere. 10m was dead.  Went to 15m which was a bit more lively.  About 45 minutes into the contest I noticed that my amplifier was dead.  Blown fuses were quickly replaced but it was obvious that the reason was the 15m stub on my HF6V has caught fire (not the first time this has happened).  Only took 20 minutes to take the antenna down and fabricate a new standoff, but by then I was so liking the first nice weather of the year here in the Adirondacks that I decided to stay outside and find other things to do!  Such as "admire" how low the lake is and wonder if I'll be able to get my boat in before Memorial Day. 39 QSOs total, about one per minute.  Several calls at 45.45 or reversed polarity that I obviously couldn't  answer.

2) I use FSK.  With DXlab, I can use 2Tone and MMTTY together; MMTTY takes care of the FSK keying.  Is there a way and how do you do the same with N1MM?  I don't need a step-by-step tutorial, just a pointer in the right direction.

Al
AB2ZY