[RTTY] SARTG call areas

Frank Fallon n2ff at optonline.net
Mon Aug 19 11:35:07 EDT 2013

There were at least two (2) stations that did not sign /x who were not
signing their call properly for this contest.  Under Multipliers the
rules clearly state:

" Note: Stations operating from call areas other than their call ID, -
must use '/x for their actual call area, i.e. K5DJ/1 "

The rules have been this way for years.  This is not a change.  As each
call is a multiplier in VK, VE, JA, and W this can have an important
implication for the total overall scores.  There us to be awards for the
top scores in each of these call areas.  It is not clear if this is
still the case.  But the bottom line here is that we should all be
following the rules.  Clearly that did not happen last weekend.

Side comment:  Fifteen meters was the money band here on Long Island
where it was possible to some usually rare deep Asian stations with only
100 watts.  Hopefully we will have similar conditions in the CQ WW RTTY
next month.

73 de Frank.....N2FF........