[RTTY] 10m RTTY Contest

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Sat Dec 7 17:13:03 EST 2013

Hi all,

Hope to be on the bands tomorrow, but I still don't have my 7800 back from
repair yet, so I am relying on my 756Pro to help me.

Having used the 7800 for almost 3 years now, I hadn't quite realised just
how much better it is than the 756Pro.
OK, the 756 does the job, but the 7800 makes life so much easier, and I am
not talking about the extra 100 watts it can use.
The receive side is way better on the 7800, and the DSP filtering is much
cleaner. I've had to get the manual out a couple of times to refresh my
memory on how the 756 implements things that I had taken for granted on the
7800.

Despite the shortcomings of the 756Pro, I have managed to log C6AUM on 12m
RTTY for a new slot, and VU7AG on 30m for a new slot, so it is working, but
I do miss the cleaner Rx side of things.

See you all tomorrow, all being well.....

73 de Phil GU0SUP

---