[RTTY] Fw: Proposed "Retro RTTY Contest"

Schmidt-Eutingen joheschmidt at gmx.de
Sun Dec 8 15:37:45 EST 2013

Hi all.

did anyone of  you ever keyed a sparkgap-TX with coherer
as RX, not to forget the railway-tapewriter and Wagner interrupter!

I - born in 1928 - had the opportunity (back in 1939) since
we (mis-)used  a Tesla-Setup for it at high school.
Covered distance: 10 meters,  BUT with a wall in between. ;-)

Suppose it was quite illegal, and still wonder why our teacher
didnt get into trouble with the - than rather strict - authorities.

Amazing experience, (you bet); unfortunatly the whole gear
(and pics of it) did'nt survive WW 2.

73 Heinz DK7UM