[RTTY] Why 150W LP in Roundup?

Jay WS7I ws7ik7tj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 13:13:44 EST 2013

Actually this one is pretty easy.

The ARRL went with their general rule of less than 150 watts and over
150 watts.  Really makes no significant difference in any case.  Most
run 100 watts or less.  Many run 50 watts as they throttle back things.
Some use amp's and run exactly 150 watts.

ARRL likes to have all contests same in some respects makes changes
easier.  Just like when they added the new unlimited class they did so
in many contests not just the Roundup.  Kind of like the 10 minute or
six band change rule in M/S.  Sure didn't come from either Hal or I as
we had a hardware lock-out device and won many contests using it.