[RTTY] Contest Behavior

BILL ENGLISH bill at k4fx.net
Fri Feb 8 08:36:09 EST 2013

Speaking of contest protocols, I wish more people would end their CQ's with
either CQ or TEST and please not use K. This is a good example of shorter
not being better.  I often tune by a station calling CQ and all I hear is
the tail end and get "W4ABC K" I have to sit and wait for the guy to call
CQ again, or as is more often the case, tune on to the next one. A simple
W4ABC CQ would help a lot in these cases.

Also with QRM sometimes it is hard to hear your call at the beginning of
the report when someone comes back to your call. To make things easier I
wish more people would send their reports as W4ABC 599 001 001 W4ABC  A
whole lot of guys use this protocol, and man what a difference it makes in
accuracy and less repeats, I wish more would adopt it.

Good luck and see you all in a little while.

Bill K4FX