[RTTY] MMTTY difficulties

w1hkj w1hkj at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 8 16:35:33 EST 2013

On 02/08/2013 03:24 PM, ham at n0sq.us wrote:

> I want to try fldigi but it doesn't seem to have support for the TS2000.
The TS2000 is fully supported by the application flrig, which functions
for fldigi much in the same way that HRD provides the xcvr interface for
DM780 (which by the way is old fldigi code).

see on line help http://www.w1hkj.com/flrig-help/index.html

see supported transceivers http://www.w1hkj.com/flrig-help/flrig_rigs.html

>> BTW, you did not tell us what the KAM is printing while all of this is going on...
>> is it printing nothing, is it printing complete gibberish, or is it printing a
>> bunch of weird but repeating characters during diddles, or is it printing correct
>> characters now and then?  Telling us that can help zeroing in on the problem.
> It's printing gibberish due to noise and nothing when receiving a signal. I can hear the diddles in the TS450 speaker so I'm receiving at least that much.
Make sure that the mark / space sense is the same for both transmit and
receive paths.  Mark should always be higher in frequency than space.
Also make sure you are not overdriving the TS450 with your local signal.

73, Dave, W1HKJ
http://www.w1hkj.com