[RTTY] MMTTY difficulties

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Fri Feb 8 16:37:10 EST 2013

On Feb 8, 2013, at 1:24 PM, ham at n0sq.us wrote:

> I reversed polarity in the TS2000 (MMTTY + N1MM software). The Kam+ is connected to a TS450.
> I haven't tried EXTFSK yet. But, I do have access to an oscilloscope.

Aha, therein (those two statements) might be the clue we sought :-).

You said you have not tried EXTFSK yet -- that means you are transmitting in AFSK!  Not FSK.

If so, reversing the polarity of the TS2000 FSK transmit setting will do nothing (unless you swap USB/LSB in data modes).

What you need to do is to go into MMTTY settings and reverse its transmit AFSK tones.

I don't run MMTTY (or any Windows program, actually), but someone else here can probably immediately point you to where to reverse the MMTTY AFSK tones.

GL es 73
Chen, W7AY