[RTTY] RTTY WPX AA5VU SOAB HP

Dick Kriss aa5vu at att.net
Sun Feb 10 17:34:14 EST 2013

                   CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: AA5VU
Operator(s): AA5VU
Station: AA5VU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): PT

------------
  80:   38
  40:   61
  20:   69
  15:   30
  10:   25
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

223 QSO = 512 QSO Points x 125 Prefixes = 64,000 Total Points

I used the CQ WPX RTTY contest to check out the new fldigi RTTY filters (added by W1HKJ and DO2SM based on inputs from W7AY) and fldigi-3.21.68 worked very nice under Mac OS X 10.8.2 with the Kenwood TS-590S. Very few requests for fills and the fldigi decoding was excellent. I did note and logged the "599" serial number send by K4LTE but stuck around to see him give out 600 to the next station as confirmation of what I logged.

[QSO: 14125 RY 2013-02-10 1423 AA5VU         599 193        K4LTE         599 599]

My score is non-competitive but it was a fun way to enjoy the latest version of fldigi.  The 223 QSOs have been uploaded to LoTW twice because I screwed up. The WPX requires too much time-in-the-chair so mine was a part time effort. I think the competitive stations need and appreciate the part time contest participants.

73 Dick AA5VU