[RTTY] RTTY WPX AA5VU SOAB HP

Keith Maton g6nhu at me.com
Sun Feb 10 18:06:19 EST 2013

                   CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: M7P
Operator(s): M7P
Station: M7P

Class: SOSB15(TS) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  80:
  40:
  20:
  15:  694
  10:
------------

Like Dick I also used fldigi, changing from 3.21.67 to 3.21.68 half way through the contest.  I also used OSX 10.8.2 and a TS-590S.

I found conditions this weekend to be very poor.  The band was noisy and my score was down on last year.  I found I had to ask for more repeats and was asked for more myself (despite using spaces instead of dashes ;-))

When I sent my 599 serial number I sent "599 599 599 599 (LOL)" but was still asked for a repeat which surprised me slightly as the station I was working was a good solid needle-busting genuine 599.

As much as I like fldigi, it's now time to move to some other software for my data contesting - I want to have a live score as I'm operating and some kind of DXCluster integration.  I mainly run rather than spend my time looking for multipliers and that's not the best way to get a good score.  Last year I registered Win-Test and will be trying that out within an XP virtual machine on my iMac.

73 Keith, G6NHU