[RTTY] spaces, dashes, and everything

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Mon Feb 11 23:42:44 EST 2013

At 11:16 PM 2/11/2013, Bill Turner wrote:
> [...]

I use WriteLog. It lets me combine macros together, which gives me
more flexibility for varying conditions.

For the wpx, i had the usual < hiscall 599 sn sn sn >, which is good
90% of the time. Call this INSERT

But I also have one < 599 sn sn sn sn sn sn sn >. Call this F9

And a simple < hiscall > (F5) as well as < mycall > (F4)

When I need to send him a many-repeats exchange, I will F5 + F9

When condx are good, a simple INSERT is all I need

In a pileup, I will add his call to the end with INSERT F5 so
everybody knows who is being replied to.

When I need to drop my call in at the end, INSERT F4

If he asks for a repeat, F9 sends a lengthy sn string

When condx are bad, I use F5 + F9

If you have followed this far, you see that these simple combinations
give us what we need for 99% of our normal operations.

BTW, I use the exact same set of macros for S&P as I do for Running,
but one last macro on the numeric "+" key will send a tu/qrz and log
him, whereas a simple Enter will log him without the tu message.

Jerry W4UK