[RTTY] AA5AU Contest Notes now multi computer n1mm SO#R

Larry Gauthier (K8UT) k8ut at k8ut.com
Sat Feb 16 07:26:11 EST 2013

Ed,

In the ham spirit of collaboration, Don posted his observations from the CQ
WPX RTTY contest. Included in his post were (at least) three topics that
have driven subsequent discussion:

1. The performance of new RTTY software he was testing
2. The strengths/weaknesses of a logging program he used for the first time
3. Don's requirements for an SO2R / SO2-PC configuration

As a single-op, single-radio, single-amp, single-tower kinda' guy, I've
enjoyed the resulting discussion on those three topics. Items 1 & 2 directly
apply to my SO1R station; whereas item 3 not-so-much. However, when the
thread drifted into an area beyond my reach, the Subject changed so that I
could exercise my right to use the <delete> key.

- Do I think these discussions will allow me to win next year? No.
- Do I think these discussions will allow me to improve my own score next
year? Yes.
- Do I think these discussions bring value to me as a lowly SO1R?
Absolutely!

-larry (K8UT)