[RTTY] NAQP Name

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Sun Feb 24 20:50:32 EST 2013

Last year I got some good advice here regarding the use of my name - Al - in the exchange.  It's the abbreviation of a state and apparently confuses some software (not N1MM, which I use, at least not in the way I use it).  Took the advice and used 'KAZ' instead, a high school nickname.  Seemed to make thing worse - there seemed to be more long pauses between sending the exchange and receiving a confirmation than last year.  Is it just because of the unusual nature of the name or is there some other software related reason?

I refuse to use my given name for stupid, pointless vanity reasons.  The only ones who use that name are my mother and people I subsequently punch in the mouth.  If I can get away with it.

Al
AB2ZY