[RTTY] BARTG Sprint 2013

John GW4SKA ska at bartg.org.uk
Tue Jan 8 19:34:50 EST 2013

Joe,

You wrote:
> No it's not ... tell me where a G has to change callsigns when moving
> within England, or an F has to change callsigns when moving within
> France, or a DL has to change callsigns when moving within Germany.

You know that a  G station DOES change calls within different areas of the
UK.
G, F and DL are also just a little bit smaller than the United States.

> *Otherwise* keep your nose out of US
> regulatory matters and stop penalizing US stations.
>Time for BARTG to stop trying to dictate licensing policy to the US
- *period*.

There are no penalties and nobody 'half a world away' trying to change
anything there. It's entirely your choice whether you enter a contest and
follow the rules.

Jay WS7I is almost right when he says:
>BARTG pre-dates nearly every other contest and has been running a long long
>time and they don't need to use another contest's rules nor to modify it
>for stations who don't wish to abide by their rules.

Thanks Jay. Actually BARTG predates every other RTTY contest! Next longest
running is Volta which first ran 2 months after the first BARTG HF.

Cheers,

John