[RTTY] RTTY Now trashy signals

aflowers at frontiernet.net aflowers at frontiernet.net
Tue Jan 8 21:40:43 EST 2013

For those who haven't seen what Dave is talking about,  I've isolated the spectra of several RTTY signals from this past weekend that are numbered for comparison here:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~aflowers/rtty_examples/

Everyone who is concerned about keeping their signal clean should probably at least take a look.  You can read the details about how I captured them on the page, but I think the main point is that there are several operators who have figured out how to make exceptionally neighbor-friendly signals on a very crowded band.  Some of the cleaner signals on the link above are really do stick out from the pack.  It might be worth identifying who owns the exceptionally good signals and asking them what they are doing right, rather than pointing fingers at people doing things wrong.  I bet we'll really learn something.

Andy K0SM/2