[RTTY] US call signs (BARTG)

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Wed Jan 9 06:09:11 EST 2013

I don't know the answer to this, but does the FCC require that you sign differently if you are operating away from your home address?
In the UK, if we are operating somewhere other than our designated home address, we must sign /P for any temporary address, or /A from an "alternative" address, where the alternative is somewhere designated on our licence.

No.  It did at one time in the distant past.  From an administrative standpoint, your callsign identifies you.  You can operate from anywhere in the US and territories administered by the FCC without any alteration to your callsign.

The issue in this thread is the impact on hams operating outside the call area where the license was originally issued and designated in the callsign that use LoTW and eQSL which treat AB2ZY and AB2ZY/4 as distinctly different.

Al
AB2ZY