[RTTY] US call signs (BARTG)

GL-DJ3IW-Web GL-DJ3IW at web.de
Wed Jan 9 07:46:13 EST 2013

Thanks Phil

for your various messages on this subject.
As one of the DRCG and having been envolved in rule making and
log checking for the DRCG contests LDC and DL-DX I must support
Phil's position.

An easy solution to this problem would be that contest sponsors
just drop the US call areas from the multipliers list. One QSO
with just one USA station and you got the one USA mutliplier you
are looking for. Despite everybody loosing up to nine possible
multipliers there is still a "level playing field". For Euopean
contesters this would even eliminiate the "struggle" for those
elusive westcoast multipliers.
Australian, Canadian and Japanese stations would continue to provide
call area mutltipliers.
How about such a thinkable solution?

73 de Goetz DJ3IW