[RTTY] US call signs (BARTG)

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Jan 9 09:33:28 EST 2013

 > So what's the problem we need to solve here?

The "problem" is that the rules unfairly penalize some participants
who are operating within the regulations and using their legal call.
Although I did it in 1999 and 2000, using a callsign twice as long
(W8IK/4 vs. W8IK) as one's legal call is an absolute PITA, particularly
since it is unnecessary and arbitrary.

I note that BARTG, SARTG, DL-CG, etc. *do not* require that stations
from North/South Cook Islands, French Polynesia/Marquesas/Aaustral Is.,
those using TO calls, those using TX calls, those using FR calls, or
4U calls operating within national boarders (e.g. 4U1WB, 4U1VIC, etc.)
append any special identifier to their callsigns identifying their
location even though they are *no less ambiguous* than an "out of area"
US callsign.  After all, what's fair is fair.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV