[RTTY] RTTY spectrum analysis article

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Jan 10 12:51:08 EST 2013

Phil,

Using the "soft" option instead of the hardest (steepest) may help
with regard to the narrow bandwidths as the softer skirts/more gentle
change from passband to stopband should result in lower inter symbol
interference.  I contend the increased ISI due to group delay is a
significant disadvantage of narrow filters - particularly with sharp
skirted DSP applications.

DSP filters tend to have *much* steeper skirts than a crystal filter
of the same passband width.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV