[RTTY] contest change

KC4HW/Jim kc4hw at centurytel.net
Thu Jul 4 20:47:56 EDT 2013

On 4 Jul 2013 at 17:00, Dick Wilson wrote:

> Your proposal looks a little like info in the Contest Advisory
> Committee report dated Jan. 2013.
> It appears these changes were discussed and some dismissed
> w/o action.
> Suggest reading.
>
> 73,
>
> Dick

Hey Dick, thanks for the information.

I did read the report, it seems that the CAC did consider the
"UNLIMITED" issue.  It was unclear whether those changes will be
made in the rules.  Guess we will just have to wait until the rules for
each of the contests are published or revised before the next event.

For everyone else, I really did not know that this information was on
line.  Guess I should have--shame on me!  Here is a link to the CAC
reports on this issues/changes, if you are interested...

http://www.arrl.org/files/file/About%20ARRL/Committee%20Reports/20
13/January/Doc_28-%20CAC.pdf

Also at the end of that report is the complete list of the CAC
representatives.   So you will know who your contest representative is
in case you have some items that you would like considered.

Jim/KC4HW