[RTTY] Field Day

Jim N7US jim at n7us.net
Fri Jul 5 11:23:10 EDT 2013

After visiting a local FD station that had a PSK station, I got on RTTY from
home for fun.  I had 80 QSOs in a couple hours, but I was using good
antennas and had my KPA500 on (not submitting a log).

It was fun though some stations transmitted "please copy..." and some were
typing everything on the keyboard.  At least they were trying, though
obviously didn't have anyone there to help set up the contest program with
effective contest messages or help with techniques.  I thought it might be
helpful for those types to see an example of how a RTTY contest could be
done efficiently, though my home station made that easy, of course.

Since then, I've been helping the guy running the GOTA station on PSK get
his RTTY station set up for contesting.

73, Jim N7US