[RTTY] SO2R Hardware Lockout

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Sun Jul 7 13:12:28 EDT 2013

The NOR-gate circuit referred to below is exactly what I built up a few
years ago for a reliable hardware interlock between two radios.  I use if
for SO2R CW and RTTY as well as MS where we have two interlocked radios
keying a single transmitter.  This allows two ops to listen to different
parts of a pileup and "race" for the next QSO, the first one locking out the
other.

My lockout box uses a quad NOR gate, 8 resistors, 2 NPN transistors and a
DPDT switch for selecting different states (FOW, Key 1 wins and
independent).  No diodes, so curious what those might be used for.

Ed W0YK